|Digimat-CAE/LS-Dyna is the interface that strongly couples Digimat-MF to LS-DYNA via the USER DEFINED MATERIAL capability.
Digimat-MF is provided as a software library that is linked to LS-DYNA to offer a strong multi-scale coupling between the nonlinear micromechanical material modeling capabilities of Digimat-MF and the nonlinear explicit FEA capabilities of LS-DYNA.
In this configuration, Digimat-MF acts as an advanced anisotropic, nonlinear and rate-dependent user defined material at each relevant integration point of LS-DYNA FE mesh.
- Accurate Failure Prediction:
- Micro (matrix and/or fibers) & macro failure indicators
- Failure indicators can be strain rate dependent
- Accurate Micromechanical Material Modeling:
- Anisotropic: dependent on the microstructure morphology
- Nonlinear: elasto-plastic, with possibly continuous damage
- Strain rate dependent: viscoelastic, elasto-viscoplastic and viscoelastic-viscoplastic matrix
- Temperature dependent: thermoelastic materials
- Accurate Nonlinear Multi-Scale Structure Modeling:
- Heterogeneous material: Anisotropic properties are a function of the local microstructure morphology
- Efficient & User Friendly Solution Procedure:
- Streamlined multi-scale modeling procedure
- Intuitive graphical user interface